From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: proctors@g.o, rich0@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: copyright attribution clarifications
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 20:52:30
1 On Sun, Nov 25, 2018 at 12:36:16PM -0800, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 12:12 PM Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3 > > IMO Gentoo (and the members of its community) should be using this as
4 > > an opportunity to tarnish Sony's reputation, not bend over backwards
5 > > to cater to a random request of a company lawyer who seemingly isn't
6 > > interested in actually discussing their policy. This isn't Sony
7 > > contributing to open source, this is Sony interfering with what has
8 > > basically been routine practice in the community for 15-20 years.
9 >
10 > Absolutely unbelievable.
11 >
12 > Sony is paying people to work on Gentoo. We should not use this as an
13 > opportunity to tarnish their reputation or anyone else's for that
14 > matter. What an absurd thing to even suggest.
15 >
16 > Perhaps you should remove yourself from this conversation.
17
18 Rich,
19
20 Regardless of anything that is said in this thread, I do not agree, as
21 a council member, with the idea of the Gentoo community actively
22 tarnishing anyone's reputation.
23
24 I have added the proctors to this email, because I think they should
25 determine whether your behavior is a CoC violation.
26
27 William