From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-03-11
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 16:02:11
1 On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 10:34 AM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o> wrote:
2 > Speaking as a council member and the next chair: Patrick, how would you pose
3 > this as a motion? As stated, the council should "discuss FHS" but how would
4 > you word this as a policy that we can rule on? I have an idea but would
5 > like to hear what you want.
6
7 I don't think it hurts to just have discussion topics, but I agree
8 that I wouldn't expect anything decisive to come out of it. In theory
9 we can just as easily discuss on a list.
10
11 I think we probably need some kind of discussion before we really
12 consider motions, unless we just want to see them not pass. Any kind
13 of policy in this area is potentially very far-reaching.
14
15 In this thread I'm just going to stick to talking about the agenda,
16 and not the topics themselves...
17
18 Rich