From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: council members and appeals
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 21:12:18
1 Rich Freeman schrieb:
2 >>>> Suppose that the council decides to accept an appeal from comrel. Is it
3 >>>> a conflict of interest for a member of the council who is also a member
4 >>>> of comrel to vote in the appeal? If it isn't, it is at least a pretty
5 >>>> strong perception that it is.
6 >>>>
7 >>> Why? How? Exactly what sort of conflicting interest is supposed to be
8 >>> present?
9 >>
10 >> I think in Comrel vs. Council is not a conflict of interest, but rather
11 >> throwing the appeals process off balance. Can you expect someone to neutrally
12 >> review material and actions (question the authenticity of evidence, identify
13 >> potential misconduct, etc.) that they themselves used to build the case
14 >> against the reprimanded?
17 > I hope that Comrel does not consider it their main duty to build cases
18 > against community members. They're supposed to investigate, mediate,
19 > and take action if necessary. They aren't prosecutors.
20
21 (I'm taking this back to -project where it belongs)
22
23 But typically only Comrel actions can be appealed. Investigations or
24 mediation not.
27 Best regards,
28 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn