From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [GLEP 39 overhaul] Voting and schedule
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 12:10:34
1 On 04/18/2010 02:56 AM, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
2 > How are we going to vote on all this? It would be interesting to be
3 > able to vote on each topic/question individually. We could list all
4 > answers to multiple choice questions and yes/no questions, rank them
5 > using our usual condorcet voting system, and only retain the highest
6 > ranked answer for each question. Other ideas?
9 Yeah voting on features individually gets progress better than voting on
10 a huge thing that many people have small issues with.
11
12 > Schedule and other practical issues? The goal is to have the new text
13 > available before we vote for a new council. Let's start planning this
14 > so that we can make sure we can make that target.
17 Finishing before the next council starts sounds like a worthy goal. It
18 would be event better to finish before nominations start so that the new
19 operations rules can be taken into consideration by candidates.
20
21 Regards,
22 Petteri