From: "Łukasz Damentko" <rane@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] Special meeting
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 01:47:35
1 2008/5/18 Simon Cooper <thecoop@××××××.com>:
2
3 > I think it is agreed that the GLEP says there should be a re-election
4
5 > that is what the rules say
6
7 > Making this one exception also makes it easier for greater exceptions in the future
8
9 > If people don't like the clause, then the new council can vote to remove it.
10
11 > you _cannot_ simply ignore parts of GLEPs that turn out to be inconvenient.
12
13 Exactly my thoughts. Guys, please, let's just start gathering
14 nominations. The faster we're done with that, the better for the
15 project. Also, if you like the current council line up (like I do),
16 you can just vote on them again (should they decide to run) and elect
17 the same team once again.
21 Łukasz Damentko