From: Denis Dupeyron <calchan@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: [GLEP 39 overhaul] Do we want to make changes to the role of the council?
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 01:11:34
Summary for this topic. Here's the list of voting propositions that we
should discuss during the next meeting.

 - The council only reacts to requests from developers. The council
does not have other powers than making decisions which affects
multiple projects (i.e. GLEPs and EAPIs, anything else?) and being the
final court of appeal for disciplinary decisions.

 - The council only reacts to requests from developers and has direct
control over projects (feel free to suggest better language here),
including but not limited to creating, killing, merging splitting
projects, changing their leads, etc...

 - The council should be proactive in setting a direction and act
accordingly. The council does not however have direct control over
projects. (does this make any sense?)

 - The council should be proactive in setting a direction and act
accordingly, and has direct control over projects (feel free to
suggest better language here), including but not limited to creating,
killing, merging splitting projects, revoking their leads, etc...

 - Same as above but the trustees can revoke the council when they see
fit, especially when their actions are considered dangerous to the
foundation.

Denis.