From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2012-04-03
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 18:03:28
1 >>>>> On Wed, 21 Mar 2012, Brian Harring wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 09:09:10AM +0100, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
4 >> Actually, my plan was not only to discuss 2?, but to vote on it in
5 >> the same meeting.
6
7 > No point in jumping the gun. Frankly considering the issues of the
8 > various proposals haven't really been fully fleshed out up until
9 > that wiki page (prior, they were at best in PM authors heads),
10
11 Right, but at least I won't "fully flesh out" all five of them (not
12 counting variants), if it's clear that four of these five are for the
13 dustbin. Refining each of them to the level that's appropriate for a
14 GLEP or for inclusion in PMS means quite some work.
15
16 I'd rather see the vote at the next meeting as a recommendation that
17 such or such proposal should be worked out in detail. Meaning one of
18 the proposals if there's a clear majority, or maybe two if the
19 decision is split. The council would need to vote on it again for its
20 final acceptance.
21
22 > and that's not counting the level of misunderstandings people had
23 > about it (and likely still do). I'd rather see people properly
24 > consider it rather than try to fit it into a single council meeting.
25
26 We should of course assume that council members will be prepared and
27 consider it before the meeting. ;-) Certainly it wouldn't be very
28 efficient use of the time if all details of the different proposals
29 would have to be explained during the meeting.
30
31 Ulrich