From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2012/2013 election
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 00:03:56
On Thu, Jun 07, 2012 at 09:19:02PM -0400, Mike Gilbert wrote:
> I think it is a good idea to have some representation of package > manglers on the council, so I nominate: > > ferringb > zmedico
Appreciate it, but I don't have the time; already neglecting enough stuff as is (let alone a social life). So... thanks, but no thanks ;)
> I would also like to nominate the following developers: > > djc > marienz
Minor reminder: marienz was basically the colead of pkgcore through the initial years of it- no longer active, but I personally view him as fine for commenting/representing package mangling (rather than format) from the council angle. He's been over enough guts of pkgcore/pcheck, including portage, that he knows the issues from that end of it. So consider that a "marienz accept the fricking nomination already" vote from me ;) ~harring