From: "René 'Necoro' Neumann" <lists@××××××.eu>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Gentoo <--> Sabayon Relation
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 04:24:03

Hey guys,

I'd like to discuss a topic that I know much people will use for
trolling/flaming or similar. If you feel like this - get you a weapon
and cool down, but please do not answer :)

I start this discussion as I'm inspired by some posts at drobbin's blog.

The first thing:
What is the actual (official) attitude towards Sabayon?

If it is as I think it is (negative) - why is it like this? Why isn't
Sabayon treated as an official "child project"? Why is support denied
for Sabayon Users? - I know that they have a global ~$ARCH and some
not-so-nice hacks ;), but this shouldn't be a reason, as problems
related to this shouldn't be the major part...

I want just to propose, that the devs should be more open for Sabayon -
and see it as a source of ideas and software. If lxnay will finish
Entropy (and it helds what it is supposed ;)) - it will add a feature
that is often asked for and always declined as "not possible". (And
there may be other stuff ...)

Hmm ... I had several other thoughts but forgot them during the day :/.
So again: Only serious, constructive answers :)

- -- Nec

P.S.: Nope - I'm not a Sabayon User :)