From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2013-04-09
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2013 09:23:54
1 On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 08:27:18 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 20:05:11 -0600
5 > Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
6 > > In short:
7 > > Toolchain packages, for better or worse, are built by eclass. We are
8 > > not forward-porting toolchain.eclass every time someone decides there
9 > > are too many EAPIs in the tree. Every change to that eclass breaks
10 > > something (the trick is to break things people don't care about any
11 > > more and hope no one notices). I don't know the ins and outs of
12 > > glibc's eblits but I doubt they would be simple to port either. I
13 > > also don't know much about toolchain-binutils.eclass, but it seems
14 > > like it would be doable.
15 >
16 > Sounds like a good opportunity to replace toolchain.eclass with
17 > something clean and understandable.
18
19 Sure, I suppose if we were trying to break everything all at once that would
20 be the most efficient way to go about it.
24 gcc-porting
25 toolchain, wxwidgets by design, by neglect
26 @ gentoo.org for a fact or just for effect