From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] ChangeLog generation - pros and cons (council discussion request)
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2011 17:43:36
On 22:16 Mon 01 Aug     , Fabian Groffen wrote:
> Auto generation of ChangeLogs, implies changes, and also influences > how current ChangeLog information is to be handled. What if > auto-generation is done, what does it take?
For the purposes of a council meeting, I think we should construct a small set of specific proposals to choose from so we don't get mired in endless discussions during the meeting. I'd like to offer a couple of them for us to choose between. 1. Include all commits, don't retroactively change existing ChangeLog messages 2. Allow commit filtering, don't retroactively change existing ChangeLog messages - Filters to allow: keywording, stabilization, removal of ebuilds. Whoever implements the code can decide on the format of said filters. Do any council members feel strongly that we should include additional options, or is it good enough to just make a choice on these two? -- Thanks, Donnie Donnie Berkholz Council Member / Sr. Developer Gentoo Linux Blog: http://dberkholz.com