From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: redhatter@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Use of git for site/proj/docs
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 09:02:42
On Sun, 27 May 2012 08:14:27 +1000
Stuart Longland <redhatter@g.o> wrote:

> On 27/05/12 7:04 AM, Rich Freeman wrote: > > If > > recombining them for the website is a nightmare then maybe leave > > them together > > Surely git submodules would help with this?
No, I don't think so. The main thing about submodules is that every submodule is bound to a specific commit. Unless the main goal here is to step-update all three modules at once, it's not a good solution. And in this particular case, using submodules looks like 'let's keep two copies [hardlinks] of the same repository for no good reason'. -- Best regards, Michał Górny