From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] New staff member: José María Alonso (nimiux)
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 04:12:51
1 Hello José!
4 On 05/23/10 13:08, Petteri Räty wrote:
5 > Joining us to replace yoswink as a Spanish translator we have José María
6 > "nimiux" Alonso from San Sebastián de los Reyes, a small city near
7 > Madrid, Spain.
8
9 From the top of my head: is the Spanish team using Trads?
10
11 If so you can find the German application running at [1] and the code on
12 [2] in case there's anything to share back or forth. Otherwise just
13 ignore me :-)
16 > I know little about the state of our Spanish translations
17 > but either they are in a bad shape and you get to beat him up to do a
18 > lot of good work or then you can use this opportunity to congratulate
19 > the team for a job well done. Nimiux falls outside the more common age
20 > groups by having graduated a long time ago. Here's what he tells about
21 > himself:
22 >
23 > I teach computing in a public school in the town I live in. I belong to
24 > a workgroup which aim to spread the freedom of software and knowledge.
25 > We host a FLOSS event once a year in different schools of our region. We
26 > also publish a magazine with educational and free software related
27 > articles (more at http://nibbler.es/).
28
29 Nice!
32 > I've been using Gentoo for five
33 > years, and would like to help more, since I used it for my desktop and
34 > servers. Whenever I can, I try to learn more on ebuilds and Gentoo
35 > development. In my spare time, appart of supporting Gentoo, I enjoy
36 > activities like mountaineering, skiing and diving. Skydiving is in my
37 > TODO list :-)
38
39 Great to have you!
40