From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] rfc: comrel changes
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 09:43:37
1 On 21/02/2020 10:38, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2020-02-21 at 10:26 +0100, Luca Barbato wrote:
3 >> On 21/02/2020 10:19, Michał Górny wrote:
4 >>> All things considered, maybe creating a separate 'revision' group would
5 >>> be better, independently of the reports. Either split ComRel in two, or
6 >>> appoint something independent. Let 'core' ComRel do their work, while
7 >>> the 'revision' group merely monitor their activities without getting
8 >>> directly involved in the process.
9 >>>
10 >>
11 >> That would be a good idea in general, but shall we keep in mind that
12 >> comrel activity should be 0 most of the time?
15 > I don't see that as really relevant here. If it wasn't clear, I meant
16 > that the 'revision' group would have access to all bugs and mails. Its
17 > main purpose would be to raise the alarm if ComRel doesn't seem to do
18 > their work properly.
19 >
20 > That said, I'm not claiming that this will make any real difference
21 > in practice. I guess it could end up in having ComRel-A with their own
22 > opinion vs. ComRel-B with their own opinion.
25 That's another kind of problem. I guess we should try to unpack a bit
26 what's comrel about.
27
28 lu