From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] New Developer: Richard "ryao" Yao
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 21:05:31

Good evening everyone,

It is my pleasure to announce a new Gentoo developer. Richard "ryao"
Yao, is joining us from Stony Brook, New York and he will working on
fbsd and zfs related areas. Here is how he describes himself:

"I hold a bachelor of science in Applied Mathematics and Statistics, and
Computer Science, from the State University of New York. I am pursuing
a PhD in Computer Science at the same institution. My primary research
interests involve operating system design, security and parallel
computing. I have also written backend software for a RFID item
tracking system used by a startup from my university's electrical
engineering department to track items owned by residents in retirement
homes to keep them from being lost in things like the laundry or
trash. It runs on Gentoo Linux, although the source code specific to
their business is not publically available. I am currently working on ZFS
support in Gentoo Linux. I have a great interest in Gentoo Alt
projects and I like RISC computing. My favorite programming languages
are C and C++."

Please give him a warm welcome

- --
Regards,