From: Dominik Riva <slalomsk8er@×××××.com>
To: George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] A proposal to get out of this mess
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 09:31:03
1 On Jan 15, 2008 9:35 AM, George Prowse <cokehabit@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > I like the idea of a discussion of this kind and I applaud you for
3 > trying to start a discussion but you are unlikely to start any form of
4 > discussion here because it is not the forum for it.
5 >
6 > Also, Gentoo developers are notoriously quiet when it comes to subjects
7 > like this which unfortunately leads to rumours which are no good for anyone.
8 >
9 > I can understand why 90% of users would like drobbins back but I would
10 > be willing to say that 0% of the long-term core developers want him back
11 > and Gentoo has a long history of ignoring it's user base and saying "we
12 > give our time for free so we're going to develop how we want."
13 >
14 > If you really want to see what core /developers/ think or thought about
15 > Gentoo's internal problems then I suggest you read Spider's and
16 > plasmaroo's resignation emails, they document some problems pretty well.
17 >
18 > At the end of the day you're not likely to change anything though.
19 >
20 > George
21 >
22 I am posting here on NeddySeagoon advice as I had a private
23 conversation about this stuff with him.
24
25 If you have a better idea for a forum to post this in, I am all ears.
26
27 Regards, Dominik Riva
28 --
29 gentoo-project@l.g.o mailing list