From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Automation: Making package.mask better
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 06:25:34
Alec Warner wrote:
> > Is there a reason to continue the trend? I am unaware of many tools > to write package.mask entries..although echangelog manages to put text > at the top of the changelog, I still think append is much easier ;)
At the top is what I've always seen done. Means all you have to do to see the most recent changes is simply open the file and start to read. No scrolling to the end and all. That'd be nasty with glibc, which has 16-17 changelog files documenting the history of that behemoth to the time before the stars themselves were given shape and form. Granted, simply finding the highest-numbered changelog file, opening it, and scrolling to the very bottom takes just a hair more effort than just opening "Changelog" and reading from the top, but at that level, it's a convenience debate. --Kumba -- Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond -- gentoo-project@g.o mailing list