From: Kumba <kumba@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Automation: Making package.mask better
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 06:25:34
1 Alec Warner wrote:
2 >
3 > Is there a reason to continue the trend? I am unaware of many tools
4 > to write package.mask entries..although echangelog manages to put text
5 > at the top of the changelog, I still think append is much easier ;)
6
7 At the top is what I've always seen done. Means all you have to do to see the
8 most recent changes is simply open the file and start to read. No scrolling to
9 the end and all. That'd be nasty with glibc, which has 16-17 changelog files
10 documenting the history of that behemoth to the time before the stars themselves
11 were given shape and form.
12
13 Granted, simply finding the highest-numbered changelog file, opening it, and
14 scrolling to the very bottom takes just a hair more effort than just opening
15 "Changelog" and reading from the top, but at that level, it's a convenience debate.
18 --Kumba
21 Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead
22
23 "Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
24 do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
25 --
26 gentoo-project@g.o mailing list