From: Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Returning dev: Sven "SwifT" Vermeulen
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 20:28:44
It is a pleasure for me to announce the return of a dev, which will probably be well known to those,
who have been around for some time in Gentoo:

Sven is joining us from Belgium and plans to help out the hardened team with selinux and also the
docs team. This is, how he describes himself:

> I'm a work-a-holic who works as systems analyst at an international financial > institution. Its my job there to watch over the IT strategy and enterprise > architecture, especially concerning databases and scheduling technologies, and > keep track of business requirements & budget allocations as well as "special" > cases that want to deviate from standards. For my work, I often need to travel > abroad to central-europe (and occasionally elsewhere for education or > conferences) so who knows that I'll eventually come by to say hi at local > Gentoo gatherings > > I've always loved to work in the security field (as security requires > knowledge and I'm a good learner) but with a close eye on the real users. > Hence my affinity with documentation writing. > > Beyond IT, I have a daughter (born in 2008) whom I would do anything for (and > for some reason, she knows it) and a girlfriend (the mother of my daughter). > I'm addicted to sugar (in the form of desserts) and like a strong beer once in > a while (but I'm not really a heavy drinker - also no light beers or wine). > I'm fond of movies but don't like to watch television (as a matter of fact, we > do not have any television distribution at all).
So please give him a warm welcome and a feeling of coming home by adding him enough new bugs. ;-)