From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council appointed leaders for QA and DevRel
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 17:57:57
On 08/14/11 18:19, Markos Chandras wrote:
[snip]

> This goes a bit OT, but if a project is dead the council MUST find a > solution to that problem.
How do you think council will magically do that? You're saying "this group of a few devs will do magic that fixes problems" I think that's a very misguided idea, what should happen is that *everyone* gets more involved. Which means ... - blog more so people know what you are doing - recruit people so there are less "single points of failure" - you going on vacation should not stop all progress on KDE - figure out problem areas and make them prettier, even if that's not as much fun. I resurrected a few packages that were neglected, and suddenly users popped up to take care of them. And were immediately recruited :) - lead by example. Want package signing? Figure out prior discussion, provide constructive criticism and then prepare everything so people just have to agree to it
> Creating activity is not the only solution.
It's the only one with relevant results ;) Take care, Patrick