From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Should DevRel members be in Council?
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 14:42:21
The Council is elected by the members of the community holding a @gentoo.org email address. Thats a very small subset of the Gentoo community ... but maybe we should open voting to the entire Gentoo community ? There are practical problems with that of course.
> > For the same sorts of reasons I also see no issue with having > overlapping Council and Trustee membership (obviously allowing that > the Bylaws would need to be amended if a majority of foundation > members agreed with me). I do see the value in having more > participation, but not the requirement.
I see the council members as officers of the Foundation, not directors of the Foundation. The two roles are different and should be spilt. Indeed, its a failing of the Foundation today that the directors and officers are the same people.
> > Rich > >
-- Regards, Roy Bamford (Neddyseagoon) a member of gentoo-ops forum-mods trustees