From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [GLEP 39 overhaul] Do we want to make changes to the role of the council?
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 20:02:38
1 On 04/22/2010 11:27 PM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 >
3 > I read your proposal as giving unlimited powers to the council without
4 > some form of check and balances. I gather from your last reply that you
5 > want to ensure they have enough leeway to be able to act, but that they
6 > should only do it in extreme cases. It seems there's room to try to find
7 > a balance.
8
9 I think we're on the same page here.
10
11 > You have a point as I haven't submitted any alternative yet. I do want
12 > to submit a proposal but I'm still thinking about it and evaluating old
13 > thoughts about Gentoo's meta-structure.
14
15 Looking forward to it. Perhaps you'll find such a balance.
16
17 I also agree with Roy's assessment that if push came to shove things may
18 have to change, although honestly the status quo works well enough that
19 I'm not sure I'd drive that change unless necessary. I think that was
20 what Roy was trying to suggest as well.
21
22 Rich