From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>, gentoo-dev-announce@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] New developer: Andreas Schürch (nativemad)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 17:55:12
1 One more arch monkey to dance for the ebuild maintainers and users we
2 have Andreas "nativemad" Schürch from Reiden, Switzerland. I'll just let
3 him speak for himself:
4
5 I've got a c64 when I was around 6 years old and wasn't able to quit
6 this addiction so far. ;-) Since around 10 years, I'm working as a
7 sysadmin for quite a large company within the swiss IT-team (~400 users
8 nationwide and +70'000 globally within a single ADS). I'm responsible
9 for our linux-stuff and some windows also (citrix, mssql, lotus notes
10 and so on). I run a private serverfarm (everything runs on kvm, so it's
11 probably a cloud nowadays;-) and host my and a few friends projects
12 there. This is mostly just for fun with the execption of a few
13 customers. It's called nativenet, that's also where my nick-prefix comes
14 from, as my friends just call me mad. I use gentoo exclusively for about
15 7 years now. I used SuSE before, but never really got satisfied...
16
17 I like snow-, skate-, and wakeboarding, whenever the weather and my
18 health allows it. You know, computer people are quite fragile! ;-)
19 With a bunch of friends, I've rented a house (probably the oldest in the
20 village) where we meet us quite frequently to play games and have fun
21 together (actually, the others are often playing games
22 while I do some linux stuff, if we are not occupied with drinking beer
23 together! ;-)
24
25 Don't wear your new toy out too quickly,
26 Petteri