From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] The mis-concept of "slacking" in Gentoo
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 00:20:15
1 Steve,
4 On 06/16/10 19:28, Steve Dibb wrote:
5 > The way I see it, there are a few types of "slacker" status.
6 >
7 > There are those who are just plain busy, and can't respond in a timely
8 > manner due to real-life issues. Then there are a group who just don't
9 > have time for Gentoo as a regular maintenance task anymore, but still
10 > participate in discussions, development, etc. Then there's the last
11 > group who are completely unresponsive and inactive -- these are the ones
12 > that are real blockers.
13 >
14 > I don't like the idea of pretending there's no such thing as slacking,
15 > because there is.
16
17 What you describe isn't slacking to me. What is slacking to you?
18 is this a language thing? Slacker translates to "Faulenzer" in German,
19 a person being "faul" or lazy in English.
20
21 Best,
25 Sebastian