From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Cc: Gentoo Elections <elections@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council Election Results for term 2018/2019 - verification of election result needed
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 16:36:11
1 On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 08:35:28AM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > W dniu pią, 13.07.2018 o godzinie 05∶50 +0000, użytkownik Robin H.
3 > Johnson napisał:
4 > > Point of order: Can the Infra contact for the election please clarify
5 > > the exact time that countify phase was run, because it looks like the
6 > > election was closed the election 20 minutes early.
7 ...
8 > Countify was run at ~6:19 the next morning.
9 Thank you for verifying.
10
11 > Unless you have a very good reason to suspect that someone went as far
12 > as to create a submitted ballot manually after midnight and change its
13 > timestamp to cover the fact, I don't think we have any reason to
14 > be concerned with the results. That said, I'm all for improving
15 > the election software to prevent that.
16 Yes, it was reading jmb's mail and mentally thinking, hey, why is the
17 timestamp shown as 20 mins before the end of the election.
18
19 Action-item: make countify print 'FINAL' stats, and modify the cronjob
20 to clearly state 'INTERIM'
21
22 Later goals should really be moving the ballot submission/collection
23 system to something like Debian's balloting system that requires
24 GPG-signing ballots (and optionally encryption). We can keep votify for
25 tabulation or switch to a voting engine, since I'm not sure if Debian
26 uses the same STV tabulation method we do.
29 Robin Hugh Johnson
30 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
31 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
32 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
33 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136