From: Camille Huot <cam@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] IRC channel clean up
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 13:47:43
1 On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 6:05 AM, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
3 > <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
4 >> I don't recall the exact details at the moment, but some of those
5 >> "special cases" like #gentoo.de and #gentoofr have a very *long* history
6 >> and trying to move them would probably cause much stir.
7 >
8 > But if an automatic redirect is setup, it won't make any difference at
9 > all, unless people are attached to the name of the channel itself.
10
11 People are attached to the name, indeed. But we can redirect
12 #gentoo-fr to #gentoofr.
15 Camille Huot