From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Re: [gentoo-dev] ChangeLog generation - pros and cons (council discussion request)
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 20:21:23
1 On 20:22 Tue 09 Aug , Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 09-08-2011 13:15:01 -0500, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > If/when we switch to git, we might want to reconsider that, since
4 > > all the handwritten messages will be old, largely irrelevant history
5 > > by then.
6 >
7 > I don't follow your reasoning here. All messages that are old today,
8 > are also old when we switch to git.
9
10 Right. But the messages written last week are the ones I'm talking
11 about. They aren't old yet, but (almost) nobody's gonna care about them
12 six months from now.
15 Thanks,
16 Donnie
17