From: Francesco Riosa <vivo75@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items -- Council meeting 2012-03-13
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2012 00:03:23
1 2012/3/1 Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>:
2 > On 2012.03.01 10:29, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
3 > [snip]
4 >>
5 >> I agree that en_*.UTF-8 is a reasonable setting. I think for LC_CTYPE
6 >> it doesn't even matter if it's en_US or en_GB.
7 >>
8 >> Ulrich
12 > Team,
13 >
14 > As an Englishman, it hurts to say it but for consistencys sake it needs
15 > to be en_US.
16 >
17 > Everything else I can think of uses American as a default. Xorg,
18 > console keymaps, even ls --colour fails.
19
20 It hurt to say I do always underestimate pills of humor I (try to)
21 insert in emails.
22 At the time of the first post I didn't knew of a C.utf-8 possibility
23 (or that would have been my choice) but otherwise the most logical is
24 en_US.
25
26 Another thing I do really don't know yet is how this reflect on
27 file-system paths.
28 File system is safe because it's encoding agnostic, it eats all but \0
29 and "/" right?
30 But how do applications react to a change in the LC_* variables?