From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Improving developer/user communication
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 06:47:42
1 On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 07:41:36 +0100, George Prowse wrote:
2
3 > We put out messages in the communication channels (topics on irc, the
4 > forums, GWN, and any others we can think of) saying that we would like
5 > massive feedback from the users.
6 >
7 > Once we get feedback then the individual pieces of info can be
8 > discussed and voted on in the channels.
9 >
10 > I dont know how much info we'll get back but...
11
12 Probably a lot, but how much of it will be useful or usable is an
13 entirely different question.
14
15 > Also, a thought is a questionaire online saying "what would you like to
16 > see?" "what do you think should be changed?" etc
17
18 That makes more sense. A well considered survey, asking the right
19 questions and running for a few weeks, with announcements and reminders
20 about it in all the channels you mentioned, would be far more useful,
21 and much easier to process.
22
23 There's no need to restrict the announcement to Gentoo channels either,
24 the likes of Distrowatch and LWN could be used too.
28 Neil Bothwick
29
30 We can sympathize with a child who is afraid of the dark, but the
31 tragedy of life is that most people are afraid of the light.