From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting on 2022-02-13
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 20:25:25
1 > I just realized a down side to this approach, but I don't know how
2 > important that down side is.
3 >
4 > As the example shows, if a package has a vendor directory we would trust
5 > it so nothing would need to be done. If we have to run "go mod
6 > download", however, this populates the dependency cache from the
7 > internet. This means that a package that requires this could not be
8 > built if the building machine is not on the net.
9
10 (hands William a golden potato)
11
12 Congratulations, you've just rediscovered why we do the things the way
13 we're doing them now...
16 Andreas K. Hüttel
17 dilfridge@g.o
18 Gentoo Linux developer
19 (council, toolchain, base-system, perl, libreoffice)