From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting: Tuesday 3 April 2012, 19:00 UTC
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 00:04:34
1 On 2012.03.28 22:46, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > > - dracut: I failed to find any documentation in our handbooks.
5 > >  Anyway, dracut looks like overkill for my simple usage case.
8 > I dunno - dracut aims to be the ultimate generic automagic
9 > plugin-supporting option, so I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand. Its
10 > biggest issue is that its features have overtaken the documentation,
11 > and it is still pretty raw.
12 >
13 [snip]
14 >
15 > Rich
19 I really don't want any autoblackmagic involved in the booting of my
20 systems. If I don't understand it I can't fix it when (not if) it
21 breaks.
22
23 I have separate /usr everywhere and most places raid and lvm, so I
24 already have initrds most places. I will reluctantly move to an initrd
25 everywhere - but only if I can roll it by hand, so I can fix it by hand
26 too.
29 Regards,
30
31 Roy Bamford