From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council meeting: Tuesday 3 April 2012, 19:00 UTC
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 00:04:34
On 2012.03.28 22:46, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> > wrote: > > - dracut: I failed to find any documentation in our handbooks. > >  Anyway, dracut looks like overkill for my simple usage case. > > > > I dunno - dracut aims to be the ultimate generic automagic > plugin-supporting option, so I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand. Its > biggest issue is that its features have overtaken the documentation, > and it is still pretty raw. >
[snip]
> > Rich > >
I really don't want any autoblackmagic involved in the booting of my systems. If I don't understand it I can't fix it when (not if) it breaks. I have separate /usr everywhere and most places raid and lvm, so I already have initrds most places. I will reluctantly move to an initrd everywhere - but only if I can roll it by hand, so I can fix it by hand too. -- Regards, Roy Bamford (Neddyseagoon) a member of elections gentoo-ops forum-mods trustees