From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
Cc: AllenJB <gentoo-lists@××××××××××.uk>, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Stabilization process addition: Announcements about required manual intervention
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 23:50:25
1 On 18:00 Mon 29 Dec , Alec Warner wrote:
2 > > And who is going to make sure that developers are using it to keep users
3 > > informed of (potential) issues?
6 > I think the idea of some kind of 'news police' is stupid. Responsible
7 > developers will write items, have them checked by someone and then
8 > submit them. Irresponsible developers will not.
9
10 I think keeping this informal is a good idea. Gentoo has a huge problem
11 where people feel the need to write down every little detail and turn it
12 into a policy instead of just using common sense.
15 Thanks,
16 Donnie
17
18 Donnie Berkholz