From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 10:41:18
1 On 05-08-2011 12:30:26 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > I think there are two alternative scenarios here:
3 >
4 > 1. If the council itself puts forward the idea of restructuring its
5 > mode of operation, then of course there should be a council vote
6 > before it is passed on to the dev community. I agree with Fabian
7 > here.
8 >
9 > 2. On the other hand, if such an idea is driven by the dev community,
10 > then the council shouldn't discuss it at all (not as council, of
11 > course individual council members can participate in the
12 > discussion).
13
14 Thanks Ulrich.
15 I previously only considered option 1. I completely concur to both
16 scenarios.
20 Fabian Groffen
21 Gentoo on a different level