From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [semi-OT] Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-04-08
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 16:15:41
1 Am Montag, 31. März 2014, 17:58:08 schrieb Brian Dolbec:
2 >
3 > > So both have their uses. Hence my suggestion of making it a
4 > > user-configurable setting.
5 >
6 > +1
7
8 Which reminds me of the (European) professor who accepted a job at an US'ian
9 university. Came with detailed plans about the experimental setup to the
10 workshop.
11
12 1 week later: "Are you really sure you want it built like this? It'll be
13 expensive." "Yes, of course."
14
15 2 weeks later: "Are you really sure you want it built like this? It'll be
16 expensive." "Yes, of course, the plans are all double-checked and correct."
17
18 6 months later: items arrive, cost a few hundred k$, are completely useless
19 since the plans were in mm and the execution in inch...
22 Andreas K. Huettel
23 Gentoo Linux developer (council, kde)
24 dilfridge@g.o
25 http://www.akhuettel.de/