From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2020 / 2021 Election - Questions for Candidates
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2020 19:23:27
1 On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 08:25:15PM +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > 1. What do candidates see the councils role as in Gentoo today?
3
4 The council is the technical leadership body of Gentoo. It approves
5 cross-project changes for the distribution. Also, it has a secondary
6 role of accepting appeals from comrel or qa if necessary.
7
8 > 2. How do candidates see the role of the Gentoo council
9 > changing in the short term .. say the next few years?
10 > 3. Why is this role change required?
11 >
12 > 4. How will candidates work to bring this change about during
13 > their term of office, should they be elected?
14
15 Off the top of my head, I'm not sure the role of the council needs to
16 change.
17
18 Thanks,
19