From: Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] call for agenda items -- council meeting 2017-09-10
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 10:33:04
1 On 08/30/2017 12:15 PM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > If for some reason the group ends up to be empty, then the currently
3 > specified behaviour is quite surprising, because "|| ( )" will
4 > evaluate to true. You want it either to be false (as an empty logical
5 > disjunction) or to fail explicitly.
6
7 I don't necessarily seeing why an explicit definition of "|| ( )" to
8 true in a requirement specification being a problem as the conditional
9 in total is being fulfilled, any more than just an empty group "( )" is
10 true being an issue.
11
12 But one thing is this being stated explicitly in an ebuild, the other is
13 what happes when the expression is reduced to it in evaluation. The
14 behaviors of these should be consistent in PMS, but we can have more
15 specific requirements in devmanual such as not specifying such empty
16 groups nominally.
19 Kristian Fiskerstrand
20 OpenPGP keyblock reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
21 fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3