From: Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-core@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Miniconf, Prague
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 15:03:24
1 Hello
2
3 we're given a unique opportunity to have a Gentoo mini-conference /
4 workshop in Prague, CZ. In short, Michal Hrusecky and me (both Gentoo
5 developers and SUSE employees) are going to organize the annual
6 openSUSE conference, and this year we are going to co-host it with a
7 local Czech conference. After a short talk with the guys, they are
8 going to give us a room for a weekend, for Gentoo presentations /
9 workshops. Apart from having room just to do our stuff just between
10 us, we can do workhops and introductions to Gentoo for other people
11 attending the conference and promote Gentoo in general. And by the
12 way, the University servers and desktops are running mostly on Gentoo!
13 Along with that, there are going to be some parties and other fun
14 activities (eg city tour) during those days. I would like very much to
15 have a gathering of the Developer community mostly, so we can hack
16 together and reduce our buglists!
17 I'd like to know what our community thinks about that though, if you
18 want to come, to help etc, since I don't want to organize it and be
19 there by myself :) The date we're given is the weekend 20-21 October.
20 You can find some more information here [1].
21
22 PS: We'll try to get busses from Germany in lower prices, since many
23 Gentoo and SUSE/openSUSE people live there
24
25 [1] http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-conference/2012-04/msg00029.html
26
27 Theo