From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Gentoo Council 2020 / 2021 Election - Questions for Candidates
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 16:04:22
1 On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 08:25:15PM +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:
2 > 1. What do candidates see the councils role as in Gentoo today?
3
4 I have always seen the council as the technical leaders of the
5 distribution. It handles the final approval if necessary for
6 cross-project changes that affect the distribution as a whole. one
7 example, it approves gleps (except changes to glep 39 which would be a
8 community wide vote). Another example is eapis.
9
10 Another role of the council is to handle appeals from qa or comrel.
11
12 > 2. How do candidates see the role of the Gentoo council
13 > changing in the short term .. say the next few years?
14 > 3. Why is this role change required?
15 >
16 > 4. How will candidates work to bring this change about during
17 > their term of office, should they be elected?
18
19 I'm not really sure there needs to be a change in the role of the
20 council.
21
22 William