From: "Petteri R├Ąty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: Gentoo project list <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 20:25:35
http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-council/msg_e6f300a0a2c570cfe2d5780c205a5574.xml

My understanding of how our mailing lists are structured is that there's
either an on topic mailing list or then a general one like gentoo-dev or
gentoo-project. So this means that generally a message should only be
sent to a single mailing list. If you want to all developers to see the
post then use gentoo-dev-announce as documented here:
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?full=1

I propose we add a statement to our list FAQ to ban cross posting the
reason being that it leads to fragmentation of the thread when some
people reply on one list and some on the other (and they aren't required
to be subscribed to both). If agreed then I'll also send a post to
gentoo-dev-announce describing the outcome. If there's no clear majority
then I'll put this on the council agenda.

Regards,
Petteri