From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [GLEP 39 overhaul] Do we want to make changes to the role of the council?
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 18:27:00
1 On 2010.04.18 00:50, Denis Dupeyron wrote:
2 > Do we want to make changes to the role of the council?
5 Yes. GLEP39 needs to state that the council is a proactive body, or
6 words to that effect. I have some dim memory of the time it was formed
7 that it was to be reactive ... "deciding on things brought to its
8 attention" is a phrase that sticks in my mind.
9
10 A a proactive body it would determine the Gentoo 'Vision Statement'
11 from time to time and set some direction. Individual members of the
12 council have set out their stalls at election times but there is not
13 much visibility of the elected body following through.
16 Regards,
17
18 Roy Bamford
19 (Neddyseagoon) a member of