From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 13:35:37
On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
> How much Gentoo differs from 2007?
I think this is the wrong question - simply being different means nothing. Gnome 3 is different, nobody will argue with that. In what way should we more be different from what we were in 2007 than we are today? Still, I'd say that our mailing lists are less flame-prone, our init system is more modern, we now have regularly-updated install media, and we have more cooperation with alternate configurations (other PMs, prefix, etc). While the foundation still has a little way to go, I'd say the foundation is also in much better shape. Rich