From: AllenJB <gentoo-lists@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Stabilization process addition: Announcements about required manual intervention
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 00:19:24
1 ...Which isn't stable yet, so stable users won't see them... if there
2 even were any news items (I'm using portage 2.2, just sync'd and there
3 are no news items listed).
4
5 I was aware of GLEP 42 but it's one of those things that seems to have
6 existed in some form since I started using Gentoo several years ago and
7 has never been implemented.
8
9 Given that it's apparently already in testing, when will developers
10 start using this system? (And how will it be known if there are any
11 issues with it if it hasn't been used on the live tree before 2.1.6 goes
12 stable?)
13
14 And who is going to make sure that developers are using it to keep users
15 informed of (potential) issues?
16
17 Also, will news items be posted to a web page, forum or mailing list in
18 addition so that they can be easily linked to from forums / irc /
19 mailing lists and users can see issues coming in advance if they don't
20 sync particularly frequently?
21
22 AllenJB
23