From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: heroxbd@g.o
Cc: toolchain@g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Re: apply to join toolchain herd
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 23:07:00
1 On Thursday 26 September 2013 05:18:36 heroxbd@g.o wrote:
2 > Dear Toolchain Fellows,
3 > Ccing g-project ML as this may be of general interest,
4 >
5 > I have gained experience and am confident with GNU toolchain after the
6 > Gentoo SoC project /Gentoo on Android/[1] and /Gentoo RAP/[2].
7 >
8 > The Prefix overlay[3] is freezed and being merged into gentoo-x86(bug
9 > 315803), therefore not a good place to hold RAP. Not wanting to maintain
10 > another RAP overlay either, we would like to work on gentoo-x86. RAP is
11 > embarrassingly similar to gentoo-x86 anyway.
12 >
13 > I'd like to thank vapier for reviewing my patches, in bugs
14 > 478434(toolchain-bintuils.eclass), 474358(toolchain.eclass),
15 > 473728(sys-libs/glibc). However, it takes months to be reviewed and
16 > finally merged. The process has been staled for a while. People are
17 > busy. That's the reality. The situation cannot be changed unless I step
18 > up to take the responsibility to maintain the Prefix/RAP related
19 > contents in the toolchain ebuilds and eclasses. So I decide to join.
20 >
21 > As a newcomer, I will take extra care about the coding style of ebuilds
22 > and eclasses, and will send the patches to gentoo-dev before committing
23 > in the first year of my membership of toolchain.
24 >
25 > Thanks. And wish me luck!
26 > Benda
27 >
28 > 1. http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.summer-of-code/1453
29 > 2. http://git.heroxbd.z.tuna.tsinghua.edu.cn/?p=doc.git;f=glep-gap.rst
30 > 3. http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/alt/browser/trunk/prefix-overlay
31
32 considering the number of changes requested when you've posted patches and
33 disagreements over what is correct, i'm not sure granting blanket access for
34 committing things makes sense at this time
35 -mike