From: Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Use of git for site/proj/docs
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 21:05:28
On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote:
> Hi guys, > > The gentoo CVS repository currently contains the sources for (at least) the > following things: > > - the main gentoo site (through gentoo/xml/htdocs/main) > - the gentoo documentation (gentoo/xml/htdocs/doc) > - the gentoo project sites (gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj) > > A long time ago, there was talk about migrating it to git. From what I heard > from Matthew, one of the things that might be interfering with this process > is that the current gentoo/xml repository is too large, is that correct? > > I don't mind helping along here to get things forward. > > Wkr, >        Sven Vermeulen >
It is not the size that matters, but the layout of the resulting repo or repos. I know the Foundation has discussed having it's own repo. There is also the news/gmn/gwn dir and so on. How should these resultant repos be structured? Are we in a position to retire some of the dirs in gentoo/ ? -- Matthew W. Summers Gentoo Foundation Inc.