From: Matthew Summers <quantumsummers@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Use of git for site/proj/docs
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 21:05:28
1 On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi guys,
3 >
4 > The gentoo CVS repository currently contains the sources for (at least) the
5 > following things:
6 >
7 > - the main gentoo site (through gentoo/xml/htdocs/main)
8 > - the gentoo documentation (gentoo/xml/htdocs/doc)
9 > - the gentoo project sites (gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj)
10 >
11 > A long time ago, there was talk about migrating it to git. From what I heard
12 > from Matthew, one of the things that might be interfering with this process
13 > is that the current gentoo/xml repository is too large, is that correct?
14 >
15 > I don't mind helping along here to get things forward.
16 >
17 > Wkr,
18 >        Sven Vermeulen
21 It is not the size that matters, but the layout of the resulting repo
22 or repos. I know the Foundation has discussed having it's own repo.
23 There is also the news/gmn/gwn dir and so on.
24
25 How should these resultant repos be structured? Are we in a position
26 to retire some of the dirs in gentoo/ ?
29 Matthew W. Summers
30 Gentoo Foundation Inc.