From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Corporate affiliations of Council members
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 17:36:25
1 On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 06:18:43PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > Here's another question for the Council nominees. I'd like to ask
5 > the Council members to disclose their corporate affiliations,
6 > in particular whether they are employed or in partnership with companies
7 > using Gentoo or Gentoo derivatives.
8 While I would like to know this information, I'm not sure that it can be
9 disclosed in every case.
10
11 I would consider it entirely possible that a council member works for a
12 company, that has then bound via NDA, to not be permitted to make public
13 statements about what their company uses or does not use.
14
15 Further, for larger companies, I would see it entirely possible that the
16 council member does not know about Gentoo usage in every corner of the
17 company: the company is just too large.
20 Robin Hugh Johnson
21 Gentoo Linux: Dev, Infra Lead, Foundation Treasurer
22 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
23 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85
24 GnuPG FP : 7D0B3CEB E9B85B1F 825BCECF EE05E6F6 A48F6136