From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-project] Preparations Council meeting 2011-08-09
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 17:55:53
1 With a bit more than a week ahead of us for the next council meeting,
2 I'd like to start preparing the agenda, given that current practice
3 still is to send it out a week in advance.
4
5 As from the summary from the 2011-07-15 meeting, the "required advance
6 notice for council meetings" has to be discussed and probably voted
7 upon, if different from the current 1 week rule.
8
9 Roy Bamford made a suggestion for getting a more continuous experience
10 when the council is replaced after a year [2]. In short he proposed to
11 have 2 slots overlapping in time, each slot taking 2 years.
12
13 Finally, I sent out myself a decision item right after the last meeting
14 of the previous council [1]. I would like to put it on the agenda, and
15 volunteer to prepare it even further, of course.
16
17 Please add items to the agenda, and/or start discussions on this list so
18 we can prepare and see if it needs to be discussed (preferably just
19 voted on!) in the council meeting.
22 [1] http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_2ff02d6910d797045af3659fb21c712f.xml
23 [2] http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-project/msg_57311d9d940106bc9b4c039707e0c953.xml
26 Fabian Groffen