From: Alex Buell <alex.buell@××××××××××.uk>
To: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
Cc: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>, gentoo-project@l.g.o, recruiters@g.o, java@g.o, sparc@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] AT - SPARC and JAVA
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 18:46:49
1 On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 01:19 +0100, Markos Chandras wrote:
2
3 > > Alex is already an arch tester for SPARC, helping test packages and
4 > > such. He's also interested in joining the Java team and has
5 > > bootstrapped IcedTea on SPARC.
6 > >
7 > > The SPARC team is pretty thin, so he's having a little trouble finding
8 > > a mentor. armin76 and I have helped him a little with the ebuild quiz,
9 > > which he has now completed. The ebuild quiz has not been reviewed by
10 > > anyone to my knowledge.
11 > >
12 > > Any volunteers to mentor him?
13 > >
14 > Good evening,
15 >
16 > I am CCing @java and @sparc teams since you are interested in joining
17 > them. I would suggest to find a mentor which is member in these teams.
18 > If you don't find one, then I can be your mentor.
19
20 Looks like you've been landed with the job, Markos, of mentoring me.
21 Thanks for volunteering, I am most grateful. Now what is the next step
22 to take? I have the ebuild quiz ready to go through with you.
23
24 Thanks,
25 Alex
26 --