From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Call for agenda items - Council meeting 2014-02-25
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 18:51:41
1 >>>>> On Mon, 10 Feb 2014, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2
3 > Indeed, as pointed out in the other thread on -dev; there are
4 > multiple possibilities here:
5
6 > 1. an edit to an existing ebuild;
7
8 > 2. a revision bump;
9
10 > 3. a version bump.
11
12 > Definitely would want to ban (3), I think banning (2) might be
13 > possible too if we expect developers to bump EAPI as they revision
14 > bump (and perhaps give the exception for critical security fixes to
15 > not have to bump the EAPI), banning (1) gets a bit more tricky.
16
17 Banning (1) is not a good idea, because it would get in the way of
18 simple tasks like updating KEYWORDS, LICENSE, or *DEPEND.
19
20 Ulrich