From: Richard Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: "gentoo-project@lists.gentoo.org >> gentoo-project" <gentoo-project@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] [GLEP 39 overhaul] Does the council need a lead?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 21:26:24
1 On 04/18/2010 06:54 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > On Sunday 18 April 2010 12:23:22 Nirbheek Chauhan wrote:
3 >> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 5:19 AM, Denis Dupeyron<calchan@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> Does the council need a lead? All top-level projects have a lead
5 >>> except the council. Should we maintain this exception?
6 >>>
7 >>> How do we elect a lead? Do the developers do it or should it be left
8 >>> to the newly elected council members?
9 >>
10 >> , or more like the head of the cabinet of ministers
11 >> (take the final decision based on input from other members)?
12 > This sounds like a "Gentoo Leader" role and not just for the council
13
14 I'm fine with the council appointing a leader from within, or not, at
15 its own discretion (ie write it up that way). Then the circumstances of
16 the moment will dictate how this is handled.
17
18 To be binding any non-emergency decision must still be ratified by the
19 council. That's how parliamentary systems work anyway as I understand it.
20
21 As far as "Gentoo Leader" goes - I'll address that in a different thread.
22
23 Rich