From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Groups under the Council or Foundation: the structure & processes thereof
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2016 22:19:52
1 I'd just like to point out that if comrel can terminate a developer's
2 status...and if council supervises/takes appeals for comrel...and
3 developers elect council...
4
5 Then what we have here is a social feedback loop. In effect, comrel would
6 be in a position to winnow out adverse opinions of people casting votes for
7 council.
8
9 is this actually happening? I don't know. But even as a theoretical
10 possibility, it concerns me. And I've also heard disturbing rumors related
11 to this...from multiple sources, not all of whom have made noise about it
12 on the lists.