From: Tim Harder <radhermit@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2011 06:17:29
1 On 2011-08-06 Sat 08:58, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > > I wonder if we can't set up an automated system where a package
3 > > maintainer goes to a webpage and enters the package they'd like to
4 > > submit for a keyword request. The page would display the
5 > > requirements for each architecture, and the maintainer could then
6 > > start a test build that would run on the development boxes in a
7 > > testing chroot, and then give the results back to the maintainer.
8 > > That would certainly make the situation simpler for everyone.
9 > > Maybe that's deserving of a separation thread.
10 >
11 > This would be the best ( afaik opensuse has such as system ). However,
12 > this requires massive amount of time to even port it to Gentoo let alone
13 > create it from scratch. This could be an interesting idea for a GSOC
14 > project (provided the infrastructure is already in place ) but this is
15 > what I call "a non-realistic solution" :)
16
17 I think such a system or even just some sort of reproducible tinderbox
18 setup (in order to start with something simpler) would be great to try
19 running on the Supercell setup [1] at the OSL like I mentioned awhile
20 back [2] on the dev list.
21
22 If people are interested I can try to get the ball rolling and see if
23 Gentoo can get access to some of the hardware now that most of the
24 infrastructure is in place.
25
26 Tim
27